Cyber Security Technologies Foundation (CySecTech) encourages the dissemination and the use of its test methodology and results published on TrueTesting.
To enable reuse, the content of TrueTesting's website, including test data, methodology, results and recommendations are released under the CreativeCommons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) licence.
Additionally, as outlined below, CySecTech is willing to grant commercial use permission and provide support for initiatives that support research, education and arts.
For the avoidance of doubt, CySecTech considers the following to be commercial activities (this list is not exhaustive):
- An individual's website or blog that is used as a platform to promote or conduct commercial activities (for example, to sell products created by or services provided by such an individual)
- A commercial organization's website or blog, including trading arms of charities.
- Freely distributed leaflets or merchandise that promote goods or services.
- Corporate stationery or any business communications such as annual reviews.
- Free-entry events, presentations or lectures promoting a product or a service.
- Displays in public places offering or promoting a product or service, such as use in a shop, restaurant, hotel, public bar or property showroom.
CySecTech considers the following to be non-commercial activities and grants permission to use our content freely for those activities as long as it is properly attributed to TrueTesting (this list is not exhaustive):
- Use in free-entry, educational lectures (or in activities promoting free-entry lectures).
- Use in charity and non-profit documentation.
- One-off classroom use.
- Reproduction within a thesis document submitted by a student at an educational establishment (an electronic version of the thesis may be stored online by the educational establishment as long as it is made available at no cost to the end user).
- Use in websites as long as they are informational, academic or research-oriented and not linked to any commercial activity.
- Display within a free-entry public space (including museums and galleries), as long as the use is not promoting a product or a service.
- Educational and classroom use within an educational establishment or in the course of formal instruction.
Requesting permission for other commercial uses
CySecTech is committed to support research and cultural education and is generally willing to provide commercial use permission free of charge for the following case (list non-exhaustive):
- Research paper in a paid journal.
- History books.
To request permission to use our content for commercial purpose, please use our contact form.